This week special guests join me to talk about the last week of films at International Cinema from 8-11 April (in 3 parts) including:
- Prof. Dana Bourgerie (Asian and Near Eastern Languages) comes to the podcast to talk about Funan (01:58) an animated film in French from 2018 by Denis Do set in 1975 Cambodia;
- Regular podcast guest Prof. Doug Weatherford (Spanish) talks with me about the Chilean film Too Late to Die Young (11:35) from 2018 by Dominga Sotomayor Castillo;
- Insect specialist Prof. Riley Nelson (Biology) joins me to talk about the academy award nominated documentary from 2019, Honeyland that explores the close connection between nature and humanity;
- Podcast co-hosts Marc Yamada and Marie-Laure Oscarson discuss with me Tokyo Godfathers a Japanese animated film from 2003, by Satoshi Kon;
- and lastly, we wrap up with some concluding thoughts about the semester. Thanks for making Winter 2020 (COVID-19 aside) a memorable semester!